- About ICIS
- Clinical Content and Governance
- Enhancements and Changes
- About Us
ICIS Order Set Change Management Process
The ICIS team receives many requests for new order sets and changes to existing order sets. All order set content must be approved by the respective department chair or his/her order set representative prior to configuration in ICIS. Should you have a request for a new or modified order set, please contact the departmental order set representative, who should submit the request to ICIS. If no order set representative is listed for your department, please contact the department chair to assign one (possibly yourself!). Note that the order set representative oversees all order sets, not just the single requested change. The detailed steps are outlined below.
- Select your department from the table below to identify the primary departmental contact (order set representative or chair). If your department is not listed, please contact the chair for the assignment of an order set representative for all order sets.
- Submit detailed clinical content for the order set to your departmental order set representative. Review default settings for all items including common dosages, frequencies, etc. which will assist order entry.
- After approving your request, the departmental order set representative should send your order set request to the ICIS team, along with a completed ICIS Order Set Approval Form.
- The ICIS team will build a prototype of the order set.
- The submitter and/or the primary departmental contact will review the prototype with the ICIS team for clinical accuracy and suggest any modifications and design changes. This step will be repeated as necessary until the order set is satisfactory and signed-off by the primary departmental order set representative.
- ICIS team will submit the final design and approval form to the department chair for signature.
- When the signed approval form is received by the ICIS team, the order set will be moved into production. Multiple order sets may be submitted at one time.
Thank you for your cooperation with our clinical change management process.